Its Friday the 13, its the Vroom Room, come in make yourself comfortable, enjoy the cappuccino and biscotti.
Yes its frigid this morning...still winter.
Are you like us, noticing that time is increasingly a rarer commodity. Its always been scarce, but lately is truly rare.
Do you have the feeling that there is a level of price comfort for the oil companies when gas is at $1.00 a liter.
Yesterday we were at the media day for the Toronto Auto Show - CIAS.
Some of our observations in no particular order.
- The word "innovation" was mentioned a gazillion times by everybody and anybody.
- Everyone had a record year, we know at 1.85M units in 2014 it was a good year for everyone, being reminded of it at every conference quickly becomes "deja vu".
- Everyone is the this or that in the Canadian market.
- All the PR folks and handlers are very busy dealing with the news oriented media.
- As expected the Ford F150 is the truck of the year, while the Subaru Lagacy is the car of the year.
- The show organisers do a great job for media day.
- Increasingly "autnomous" is part of the conversation by several manufacturers.
- Ford set the benchmark first thing in the morning with the GT that will be assembled by Multimatic in Markham.
- For some manufacturers "passion" remains an unknown.
- Good thing new models overcome the lack of passion to generate sales.
- Yes...the other word is "urbanisation" which gains new meaning in downtown Toronto which is still a condo construction zone.
- There is a cool Canadian factor about the Kia all white display.
- The suits that work for manufacturers have crossed the shark and espoused the Grammy fashion look. Which begs the question "Would you buy/lease and XYZ from someone dressed like that, with such an haircut?"
- Why Cadillac never built the ElMiraj...you have to wonder.
- Before we forget our photo gallery of CIAS on Flickr
A fascinating photo gallery from the Salon Retromobile.